Grimes - Miss Anthropocene
Jan 17, 2020
So, finally after many months of listening to and enjoying this album, I can safely say that this may very well be my album of the year for 2020 & I can also safely say that this is my favourite Grimes project to date.

The thing is, not only is the record innovative, very atmospheric, unique & serves a significant purpose, but goddamn is this album catchy!

It's a delicious blend of futuristic pop & Grimes delivers euphoric tunes with an incredible usage of guitars & autotune.

At first listen, it didn't quite click but after multiple listens, it just clicked and grew on me so so hard. The tracks are magical, they transport you to another alternate universe especially with the fades & instrumentals.

If you're saying it sounds like Grimes' previous works, you're deaf or you haven't listened to the album. Sure, it does have some resemblance to her previous works (but I mean she's one person, do you expect an artist to create material that is drastically different everytime) but it sounds completely different from the electronic 'Visions' & blissful & cheerful pop of 'Art Angels'.

Best tracks: Before the fever, My Name Is Dark, So Heavy, Delete Forever, Violence, You'll Miss Me & IDORU

Jan 25, 2020
[hidden]
Jan 26, 2020
period.
Feb 17, 2020
I agree - it's her best overall.