Jay Rock - Redemption
Dec 11, 2019
WIN, WIN WIN WIN WIN.

For those that remember this album's existence, you'd probably recall how much you wanted to take a nap after it. None of the beats stood out, and most of the lyrical themes lacked any depth to them whatsoever, ironic for an album titled "Redemption". Instead of getting a Jay Rock gangsta rap project, we got a diet-coke Kendrick.

Now, ladies and gentlemen, I cannot prepare you for the bed-wetting masterpiece that is WIN, the legendary collaboration of Jay Rock and Kendrick Lamar on adlibs, becoming easily one of the greatest songs of all time! A message all about sitting down on your defeated opponents with your fat clean ass and not giving a damn about literally anything else, inspiring a young generation of great artists like Lil Xan, Viper, Biggie Smalls, DJ Khaled and the biggest gangsters of all: Marv from 'Home Alone' and Tame Impala. Yes, kids, who gives a fuck about breakfast? Who cares about not jumping off cliffs? Why not just commit tax-fraud instead of paying taxes? WIN WIN WIN WIN! FUCK EVERYTHING ELSE.

It's honestly spectacular just looking back at how these two amazing Renaissance poets ended up getting together for such an iconic moment. You see, Kendrick Lamar was a nobody, an underground rapper who eventually signed to Shady Records and made horrendous conscious hip hop albums. He first started off with "2014 Forest Hills Drive", where he was caught red-handed for bragging about his "white privilege", so he then released "Revival", apologizing to all the 23 commentators in the YouTube comment section who got real pissed off at his lyric "I'm a bar spitter, I'm a hard hitter. Yeah I'm light-skinned, but I'm still a dark n*****". He then made "To Pimp A Butterfly", which wasn't that bad, I guess. It did have the one funny line "This dick ain't FREEEEE!"

Jay Rock, well known for being the former ruler of the Byzantine Empire and guardian of Hogwarts' Philosopher's Stone, was trying to redeem himself after he got kicked out of Constantinople, expelled from the Wizarding World and lost his ruling position for committing tax fraud and having Future unironically sing "La-di-da-di-da, slob on me knob" in front of a royal crowd. So, he got in a phone call with Kendrick and said "hey, want to make a song together for no reason other than WIN WIN WIN WIN?" Then, Kendrick was like "yeah sure, why not? I need the funds to pay for my next album, DAMN."

And then WIN became a thing, a lyrical, spiritual miracle masterpiece. Every little bit of detail of this song just works, it's like dipping your hands in holy water, it really changes you as a person. Little details, such as when Kendrick screams "MOMMY!", tell us just how much of an alpha type Jay Rock is, the fact that he's able to totally crush his victims and get them begging for mercy just by spittin' fire bars like "I TAP DANCE ALL ON A BRICK". In fact, every new Jay Rock bar is a new, innovative piece of technology discovered that helped propel us during the era of the Industrial Revolution. Lines such as "HEY, YOUR DIAMONDS LIKE TAP WATER. THAT SHIT WAY TOO FOGGY." finally eradicated the great cholera epidemic that took over London.

Too bad the rest of the album couldn't live up to the excitement, hype, innovation and pure awesomeness. You'll have to go through many minutes of tasteless paste before you get to the juicy, life-healing meat at the very end of the tracklisting. Would I say it's worth it? Well, if you're willing to sacrifice a bit of your time for Jay Rock to build up to perhaps the greatest song of all time, then HELL YEAH IT'S WORTH IT.

Sorry, I was bored.

FAV TRACKS: WIN, WIN, WIN, WIN, WIN (in all seriousness, The Bloodiest and Rotation 112th are pretty decent)

LEAST FAV TRACKS: FUCK EVERYTHING ELSE
Inglume's Tags
Dec 12, 2019
How were you able to make 6 paragraphs on this album?
BITCH WHERE
Dec 12, 2019
@Toasterqueen12 WIN, WIN WIN WIN WIN (WIN!)
@Inglume WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN X∞
M O M M Y
Dec 12, 2019
I remember Jay Rock opened for Kendrick Lamar when he came to my hometown back in 2014. He asked the crown something like "WHO TF HAS BEEN DOWN WITH JAY ROCK SINCE DAY ONE???!?!??!" and everyone cheered. It was then I realized that the crowd was full of dirty liars.
Dec 12, 2019
@Mimikyu Tell them: "GET OUT THE WAY GET OUT THE WAY GET OUT THE WAY YO"
Dec 17, 2019
i can't believe you WIN WIN WIN WIN (WIN!)
joshmq71