Brockhampton - iridescence
Sep 21, 2018 (updated Sep 23, 2018)
Iridescence is a worthwhile listen and in many ways, its concepts fit better than on their Saturation projects. For starters, do not expect this album to have the same structure and sonic direction as their Saturation albums have, because Iridescence takes a different approach in the band's catalogue and brings their versatility to some more hardcore and experimental/alternative passageways. For old Brockhampton fans, this may be difficult to digest (it was how I felt upon first listen), but I do respect and genuinely love the new aspects they took on production on this record. It certainly sounds original and while Iridescence may be slow-paced and lackluster to some, I do believe Brockhampton incorporated these new sounds to favorable results. Also, I do like how the band has given more time for other members to shine and that the struggles each member faces has an impact to everyone in the group. Personally, I found a few tracks to be pretty standard to what Brockhampton is capable of doing, though in context of the album, almost every track has a reason to exist. I am generally surprised with the content of Iridescence and Ameer's departure from the group has brought Brockhampton into an emotional state, which is demonstrated on this record with tracks like Weight or Tape. This was great in its own way, and has me intrigued as to how they will approach their future projects.
Comments