Foals - Everything Not Saved Will Be Lost (Part 1)
Mar 8, 2019
It's a relatively fun, catchy album from start to finish, but apart from that, there's really not much else with this album that makes it much more interesting as it should be. Yet again, this is another example of critics overhyping albums before us normal people even get a chance to listen to it. It's still an enjoyable album and it is an easy listen, but was it really worth all the hype? I'd say no, and that's unfortunate.
Mar 12, 2019
You said "was it really worth all the hype". Was there some consensus a while ago? Earliest reviews out 4 days before normal peeps could listen. There's 6 90+ reviews. NME is one of them - lol. 2 came out when album was out. Northern Transmissions says Foals never released even a mediocre album b4 It doesn't seem like you believe that so you wouldn't trust their score. That leaves 2 (3 if NME) 90+ scores pre-release. With 1 80, 1 75, 2 70 pre-release too. Same score as now, 4 days post-release.
Mar 12, 2019
FYI I also don't think the album is that amazing. Better than you feel as 66 is a low score to me, but still.
thomasny18