Mac DeMarco - Here Comes the Cowboy
May 9, 2019 (updated May 10, 2019)
No matter how good or bad this Mac DeMarco album may be, at least he made a new studio album instead of just hanging around with Logic on Supermarket in 2019.

Review:
Not bad. I can definitely see why this may be off-putting for some people. I'm not the biggest fan of DeMarco's stripped back sound, but I think some critics and newcomers aren't giving this album a fair chance by dismissing it as "overrepetitive" or "lacking". Sure, it ain't the most ambitious, forward-thinking or inventive album, but it's straightforward with just about everything you could expect from a Mac DeMarco album. Chances are, if you liked This Old Dog, you can expect to enjoy or at least appreciate the artistic direction.

Personally, despite some inconsistencies and dull moments like "Choo Choo", I enjoyed the laid back, soothing sounds. It's not his best or immediately attention-grabbing project, but what saves this from mediocrity is DeMarco's delivery and passion for his own music. It's great to hear something that comes from within and in my opinion, he really takes advantage of this and doesn't disappoint.
Inglume's Tags