May 17, 2019 (updated May 18, 2019)
Anyone who gives this below a 70 should be locked in a room with Corey Feldman! (Me: *gives it a 69*)
Okay, this is actually pretty great.

Review:
My experience with this album is one of the reasons why rushing a rating or review out after first impressions is not a wise choice by anyone, because this definitely took a bit of time to digest. I'm expecting a lot of differing opinions by the end of the week, whether good or bad.

Anyways, I think this is probably the most interesting Tyler The Creator album yet, even though it may not be the most hard-hitting or immediately satisfying release. Igor definitely borrows some sounds from Flower Boy and Cherry Bomb, but the overall execution and concept of Igor makes it incredibly distinct from the rest of Tyler's discography, a very promising change in pace for Tyler. The once dark, edgier persona has shifted into a more soulful, artistic figure.

During my first couple of listens, I wasn't too satisfied with the direction this album was heading. I initially thought the vocals were distracting, the songs were half-baked and the production was awkward. However, with more listens, the album feels a lot more comforting. One aspect that really elevates Igor is how well it pulls off its rough, soulful sound in a way that still sounds thrilling! The production is high-quality, but this isn't a crispy clean album. It's way more rough, lo-fi and disorienting even with accessible qualities. Being a more personal album, it definitely displays a lot of elegance and heart that keeps it intriguing. It's a lot less structured and a fair bit more adventurous and liberal.

There was a lot of hype surrounding this album, so there was anticipation for this to be phenomenal or groundbreaking. I wouldn't necessarily say that Igor is set to change the foundations of hip hop. It feels a lot more personal and is the type of album only Tyler himself could pull together. Rather than going into this album expecting it to be the next amazing conceptual hip hop record, try to isolate this from everything else. I found that it really helped me enjoy and appreciate what I was hearing a lot more with a different mindset.
May 17, 2019
Oh look we have unpopular opinions we are so edgy.
Cherry Bomb >>> Flower Boy >>>> IGOR
May 17, 2019
brad you did the same thing but you didnt like it.
@usedtobe hot take
May 17, 2019
Uh, Brad you are literally doing the same thing others are doing right now. Also, to anyone else, don't take my rating seriously
69 is a sex number refering to funny sex
May 17, 2019
damn brad be out here actin better than everyone else
Bradley needs some milk
May 17, 2019
My response here was irrational and stupid. please give me that milk, im sorry
bruh
May 18, 2019
deletes the comment, cmon bradley i wanted to see what all this fuss is about coward
May 18, 2019
^ He just said that he finds it stupid that so many people are rating it highly after their first listen and people got mad because soon after commenting that he rated the album as well
May 21, 2019