U-zhaan & Ryuichi Sakamoto - エナジー風呂 (Energy Flo)
- Two nerdy Japanese dudes rapping
- One guy playing a Tabla
- An old Japanese man making Tim Hecker/Flying Lotus-style ambient electronic beats
- Somehow kinda sounds like a Japanese folk song

Needless to say, I think I've found one of the most interesting tracks to come out this year, and it just so happens to be one of my fav singles of 2019! Y'all should give this a listen. I'm very interested to see how others think about this, whether good or bad...

Oh my god, I used headphones to listen to this alone at home and when the track started, I thought an intruder was in my house and it SCARED THE SHIT OUTTA ME!

Storytime:
So I found this pretty much for no reason whatsoever, if I gotta be honest with you. I was listening to Omoiyari by Kishi Bashi, which is a great album that just came out, so give that a listen to while you're at it! Anyways, I was mainly streaming the tracks on YouTube when the algorithm suddenly decided they would recommend me this underground hip hop track featuring, surprisingly, Ryuichi Sakamoto, an artist I recognize but haven't listened much to his music. So, my curious mind decided I should stop mid-way through my 4th listen of Omoiyari to listen to this, cause why not? I wasn't expecting to hear one of the most creative hip hop tracks of the year, and I've listened to this 10 times since this morning, lol.

Review:
It's a pretty straightforward track, but quite a strange one if I say so myself. This track entertained me, creeped me out, comforted me and confused me all at the same time. It's simultaneously fun, haunting, relaxing and gorgeous. The rapping is fun, even though I barely understand a single word. The dude playing the tabla actually fits so well into the track and acts as a hip hop beat. Ryuichi Sakamoto delivers some gorgeous, but experimental and uncomforting production which really adds to its soft and ambient feel.

This is the "zen" SOTY. Once I got used to this track after a couple of listens, I just kept feeling an ethereal sense of comfort and it made me feel so happy through the rest of my day.

Also, big shoutout to the tabula guy! Unironically made one of my favorite hip hop "beats" this year, lol.
2019 Musical Highlight!
Inglume's Tags
Jun 2, 2019
i found this too, p sure it's the same guy and its overall a similar vibe: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoBzp0CvJ50
Jun 2, 2019
@ACreatveName bro, that's literally what I listened to after this. I even added it onto the site!
cool & good
Jun 3, 2019
Whenever in doubt: YouTube algorithm
Jun 3, 2019
@ThrowBackGmac The YouTube algorithm: Sometimes it's great, sometimes I want to bleach my eyes and ears because of it
Madonna - Madame X