BTS & Charli XCX - Dream Glow
Jun 11, 2019 (updated Jun 11, 2019)
The fact that BTS are dropping a soundtrack (OST) on June 28th, the same week that Bandana is set to release, is making me paranoid about the inevitable second BTS bot invasion, and we're not even halfway through the year yet!! 😬

"If there is another BTS album, DON'T ADD IT! I know we have to add music whenever it comes out, but we cannot let this happen again!" -Plats

Even with the Charli XCX feature, I thought that this single was incredibly boring and uninteresting. Her feature was forgettable and none of the BTS members on this song deliver memorable verses. Instead, they just seem like filler and act robotic, even though the song itself attempts to be fun and colorful. It's still probably the best thing they've done this year, but that doesn't say much and I'm concerned about the quality of their OST.

(Update: If you haven't noticed, I'm not posting reviews very frequently. I'm quite busy at the moment, so I can't do much on the site for now. I just wanted to share some of my thoughts at the moment, that's all! Probably gonna delete this later.)
Jun 11, 2019
Don't get me wrong, I would hate there to be another BTS stan invasion, but I don't think it'll be that serious. Here was an exchange between me and Rob a while ago...

Me: How much of a nightmare was it to remove the ratings from BTS stans?

Rob: It wasn't too bad. I have a script setup now that can identify users who aren't likely to come back to the site, so I'm just going to run that after these sort of things.
Jun 11, 2019
@thomasny18 So...should I add the soundtrack to aoty right now? I'm still a bit worried that things won't turn out too well for the site and the community if we do get a repeat of the same bts situation
Jun 11, 2019
Oh, I'm really not too sure. I don't want to be partly responsible for another BTS stan invasion. Sorry for being such a pussy when it comes to commiting to a decision lol.
Jun 11, 2019
@thomasny18 No worries man. I'm kind of a pussy for not forming my own decision of literally adding one more album onto the site because I am able to.
KnifeTrick