BABii, Kai Whiston, Iglooghost - XYZ
Sep 18, 2019
Yeah, aight, it's good. Time to bring out the best number in the game.

XYZ is surely a solid album full of blood-pumping, wonky, bass-heavy and fiery deconstructed club bangers that's in-your-face, all over the place, and crazy, but it does have some problems, at least from what I'm hearing.

I went into this collaboration project expecting a lot fascinating and exciting production, and seeing all the incredibly positive review gave me plenty of high expectations. Ultimately, all I wanted was just a solid album full of bass-heavy electronic bangers! That's just what Iglooghost does best.

XYZ is all over the place, not just in terms of sound (that's pretty obvious at this point), but in style and execution. This isn't a very consistent album. It doesn't seem to get a hold of a very refreshing or unique style. It's a new experience, but it borrows a lot from past projects like Neo Wax Bloom or his EPs. Iglooghost definitely has a fascinating musical sound, but it hasn't stuck with me over the years, and it's somewhat evident here. It's just not as exciting as it was with earlier releases. Some tracks feel a bit redundant, not very exciting, or just lacking that extra punch to elevate good songs to great ones.

With that out of the way, this album still bangs! The production is intense, the mini vocal bits are odd, but very fascinating! None of the tracks are downright unlistenable or very obnoxious (just a few moments here and there). It fulfills its purpose at the end of the day as a chaotic, futuristic, and eclectic collection of catchy, dark electronic beats.

I guess I just wish the production was a bit more finely put together and the songs had a better flow or were more memorable, but it's still a cool project.

FAV TRACKS: Lux 2, Lockii, Mau Shit, Teff Chizzel

LEAST FAV TRACK: Drown U
Sep 18, 2019
Hey !!! yuo steaL my oPinion!!!!! )):<<<
Sep 19, 2019
Yes I also found the beats on this album to be significantly more dark.
Sep 19, 2019
I checked to see if this was a joke review; I think you just found a way to get even more people to actually read
Sep 20, 2019
Pang
Selena Gomez - Lose You To Love Me
Selena Gomez
Lose You To Love Me
Foals - Everything Not Saved Will Be Lost (Part 2)
Foals
Everything Not Saved Will Be Lost (Part 2)
Floating Points - Crush