Denzel Curry - 13LOOD IN + 13LOOD OUT MIXX
Jan 7, 2020
Remind Denzel not to spit poop bars like "I be the shit like a diaper" ever again.

Regardless, Denzel surprises fans by opening up the new decade with a hip hop head's wet dream: a series of immensely aggressive, energetic trap bangers that stays true to Denzel's charismatic strengths, while also delivering a refreshing, unique take in aesthetic. I find it quite fitting that this little throwaway EP shares the same stylization in the title as 'TA13OO'. In many ways, the darker, horror aspects of this mix remind me very fondly of the second and third disks of TA13OO, something I'm very glad to hear again after the subpar "ZUU". But 13LOOD IN + 13LOOD OUT MIXX certainly has its fair share of surprising qualities, like the seamless blend from one track to the next, the lo-fi, very rough production, and even some elements that remind me of sLUms (i.e. the perplexing samples and beats approx 7:00-8:00). Overall, it's a rather interesting blend of modern, hardcore hip hop and trap rap with various elements of underground hip hop sprinkled throughout. It's a pretty delicious and welcoming treat! Given how carefully blended everything seems, it's difficult to consider this an EP. From my view, it's more like a 13-minute effortlessly assembled trap rap epic!

Given the rumors spreading online, this is perhaps a teaser showcasing where Denzel will take with his next project, and I'm certainly intrigued. Would be very excited to hear songs like these in the future on top of cleaner production, better hooks and lyrics that don't make my small Asian eyes squint every 30 seconds.

FAV TRACKS: CHARLIE SHEEN, EVIL TWIN, FALSE GODS FREESTYLE, GOGETA

LEAST FAV TRACK: NO PEN NO PAD
Inglume's Tags
Jan 9, 2020
best review
Jan 9, 2020
What does “PXSH6XD“ stand for?