Klô Pelgag - J'aurai les cheveux longs
Apr 1, 2020
Heyyyyy buddy, did you hear the news? It's Track Reviews!

I rarely discuss singles, but this is a special occasion as I'd been truly taken aback by what I was hearing and would love to spread the word about this upcoming Klô Pelgag record. I'm at a loss of words! With the two tracks she's teased thus far, this being the second, "Notre-Dame-des-Sept-Douleurs" is truly shaping up to be her most eloquent, personal album, a collection of closely-knit poetic stories reminiscent of the past and revival of hope for the future. Melancholic in tone, but sparkling in natural beauty, Chloé is at full frontal with her eloquent francophone voice like never before. Whereas the mystifying art pop epic "Rémora" revealed an intriguing, moodier pivot in concept, "J'aurai les cheveux longs" is a moment of open, personal reflection, a beautiful traditional baroque pop ballad that showcases her art in a whole new light. This song is devastating, depressing, mournful as well. I can only being to imagine just how tragic of a listen it must be for native French speakers hearing the lyrics in raw form. But through all the agony comes a light, some form of reassurance. The elegant, colorful, larger-than-life strings, above all else, seems to reveal that the dark grey cloud has passed, and that the light is being restored.

This next album is going to be one hell of a spectacular event, that's all I gotta say.
Inglume's Tags
Apr 2, 2020
KLÔ PELGAG GANG
Apr 2, 2020
Klô Pelgag is an extraordinary artist as she manages to transmit strong emotions even to those who do not understand French. As a native French speaker, I can tell you that Chloé's lyrics are clearly as interesting as her production, they are very often dreamlike lyrics plunging us into a wonderfull world full of allegories and puns, hiding the darkness of the subjects she deals with such as her grandmother's Alzheimer's disease.
Apr 3, 2020
@WhatTheFunk Thank you for the comment! Going back and relistening to this song again with that little bit of insight, I've found myself even more engrossed with the lyrics. Her use of language is simple, yet speaks volumes and doesn't shy away from purity and emotion. I'm currently having a great time going through her old podcasts, interviews, and performances. She is a unique artist to admire, bound to come out with one of the best records this year. KLÔ PELGAG GANG!