King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard - Nonagon Infinity
Aug 6, 2019
Most used sentence of the day: "NONAGON INFINITY OPENS THE DOOR."

In anticipation of INFEST THE RATS' NEST, I thought this would be a great opportunity to take a look back at Nonagon Infinity, the album that got me (and many others) into King Gizzard. I must say, for an album that's incredibly repetitive and loops on and on and on, this actually holds up quite well! This is a psychedelic rock BANGER!

King Gizzard's fusions of psychedelic rock are wild, fascinating and imaginative, but certainly not for everyone. I remember first getting into King Gizzard and liking them, but Stu's vocals were a major turn-off at first. Nonagon Infinity is a little different from their typical albums. If you play the last few seconds of the album, then play the album from that very beginning again, it fits PERFECTLY. WOW MINDBLOWING, ALBUM OF THE ALL TIME fdckmvgbdacsgbfwvfe.

Yeah, I don't find this album's appeal to be the fact that it loops to infinity. No, what really sells this record for me is how exceptionally exciting, fun, wild and crazy it is to warrant the looping aspect. The intensity doesn't stop! The instrumentation adds a ton of flavor from one section of the album to another, bringing in some fascinating fusions that sound epic.

Is it just me or is this album super catchy? This...honestly is their catchiest record. Not as individual tracks, but as an entire album, this is an earworm experience! Adding on to that, we have some great, grand, overwhelmingly massive performances and instrumentation that are earth-shattering! Nonagon Infinity is a uniquely fun experience. It's not the most unique and musically cohesive thing out there, but it's definitely exciting and exhilarating.

Some people have noticed that this sounds like the same song over and over again. Bruh, it's Nonagon Infinity.

FAV TRACKS: Gamma Knife, Robot Stop, People-Vultures, Road Train, Mr. Beat, Big Fig Wasp

LEAST FAV TRACK: Wah Wah