This has been the strangest month of my entire life. What the actual fuck is going on? Coronavirus, new Weeknd, new Gambino, & new Uzi?

It’s a strange rollout, and I’m a little confused. I was so excited for a Gambino album, and I’m glad it’s here, but it all feels a little....off? I was expecting a traditional album rollout, but this just feels confusing. I can’t help but feel a little disappointed. But the music is very good, so I don’t know how to feel!

This album isn’t perfect, and it feels a little all over the place, but I think it does provide a nice balance of his singing and rapping sides, even if I was hoping for a little bit more rapping. There are some truly amazing songs on here, and there is nothing outright bad. There are some more underwhelming tracks, and some ones that don’t hit as hard, but nothing terrible. Overall, it’s an enjoyable project that’s gonna take many listens to fully grasp it because there’s a lot to unpack. Seriously, I’ve been listening for a week since the livestream and I’m still confused lol.

Also, shoutout to 21 Savage. Never thought I’d enjoy a 21 feature, but his evolution in the last few years is crazy.

Fav Tracks: Algorythm, Time, 12.38 (Vibrate), 24.19 (Thank You), 35.13 (Little Foot), 39.28 (Why Go The Party?), 42.26 (Feels Like Summer), 47.48 (The Violence), 53.49 (Under The Sun)

Least Fav Tracks: 19.10 (Beautiful)
Comments