Tory Lanez - DAYSTAR
Sep 25, 2020
This is disgusting. He is using the fact that he SHOT a black woman to promote an album and profit off of it. Who thought this was a good idea?

Don’t stream this. Don’t let him get the attention he wants.

Fuck Tory Lanez
Sep 25, 2020
fuck tory lanez, all my homies hate tory lanez
All my homies do indeed hate Tory Lanez
Sep 25, 2020
Dumbfuck really waited two months to say I didnt do it
Sep 27, 2020
Fuck off art should be separated from his actions.
Sep 27, 2020
@Imbiraciall I don't understand why you would say "art should be separated from his actions". Now just to clarify, I am not saying that he did it, since innocent until proven guilty, but he clearly mentions the incident in this album. In fact, the incident is heavily mentioned. Since he included his actions and the incident into the art, why should we separate them?
Sep 27, 2020
Why say, "He shot a black woman" when the guy who shot her is also black? A bit redundant, don't ya think?
Sep 27, 2020
@imbiraciall How can you separate it when the fucking album is about it? Lmao
Sep 27, 2020
@implicitdoom. No, I don’t believe it is.
Sep 27, 2020
@itscase how can someone be racist to someone of their same race? Also, the mention of her race is irrelevant in this situation. I think you just want good boy internet points.
Sep 27, 2020
@implicitdoom you're entitled to your opinion man. i dont get why it matters to you but hey you can think that
Sep 28, 2020
@itscase I didn't mean it to be mean, I just get a little aggrivated over small things.
Sep 28, 2020
@Case @eliiscool5 @Imbiracialll The art (vocals and production) can be separated from the incident if you listen carefully. You can ignore the lyrics and just listen to the music which what I think @Imbiracialll was talking abt. Hopefully you understand what I'm saying! :)
Sep 28, 2020
@Cry but see you're missing my point here. The art is not only about the vocals and production, lyrics ARE a part of the music. And especially in Hip-Hop, a genre that puts heavy emphasis on lyrical ability from emcees. So if we ignore lyrics and rate solely on the "music" alone, we're simply not covering all aspects of the art.
Sep 28, 2020
@eliiscool5 that' true. You won't be covering all aspects of the art as the lyrics have a huge part in the hip-hop genre. Great point! :)
Sep 28, 2020
all y'all keep saying "seperate art from the artist" which i would usually agree with. but when the art is about the artist's actions i can't forgive it. fuck tory lanez.
Sep 28, 2020
@dominic another great point! :)
Sep 29, 2020
@ImplicitDoom Because Black Women are statistically one of the most effected demographics of gun violence and a group of people with very little protection + a high threat to their lives. So by calling attention to that you're showing how Tory not only shot a woman, but a woman who is drastically more likely to be effected by gun violence.

Also "good boy internet points."....? Grow up.
@dombot Exactly. His actions are LITERALLY in the music
Sep 29, 2020
@toasterqueen12 Exactly. That’s why it’s important. Thank you for articulating this better than I ever could!!
Sep 29, 2020
No problem. Gonna be 100% honest, I don't trust anyone who has this over a 60%. Like I'm usually not someone who follows "guilty by association" as I think people are more nuanced than that, but as this is literally an album defending an act of assault...yeah I don't really see a middle ground here.
Sep 29, 2020
@toasterqueen12 i suppose thats fair.
Sep 29, 2020
@Toasterqueen12 Do you think that I should put my rating to 'NR'? I'm asking because I don't agree with what Tory says in the music but I like the production and vocals (musical aspect, not really the lyrics).
Sep 29, 2020
@Cry Like if you really want to praise the production and vocals, I mean I guess that's probably the best option, get rid of the rating entirly. I just find it kinda weird this is the bum you're putting praise into, when there's hundreds of albums that do the same thing or do it better. Like I'm sure the production is fine but why give Tory that credit.

Also to prove my point albums that sound like Tory that do it 1000% better than came out this year:
Sep 29, 2020
I haven't listened to any of those projects but I'll try to take a listen. Thank you for the suggestions, I'll remove my rating now.