Esham - KKKill the Fetus
Oct 10, 2019
The godfather of horrorcore rap himself Esham, has path the way of rappers from the Detroit scene such as Eminem ,Danny brown and Insane Clown posse to even rappers outside the state such as Cage, Necro and many more. The first time hearing his work was from his hip-hop group NATAS and I loved it ever since then. This is perhaps my favourite album of his next to judgement day vol 1 and Closed Casket as its his most demented and goriest release. The grimy boom bap production fits well with Esham's dark lyrics presented across the album. But what makes the production stand out from your ordinary horrorcore rap album and don't become stagnant is the influence of g-funk, soul and horror samples sprinkled. Example tracks like No Singing/Misery, Voices in my head & Jackie are prime examples of the funk samples. I believe this album production solely was way ahead of its time. 23 tracks on here yet it flows by fast being consistent. Definitely, I consider this an underrated classic despite the themes presented on this album may be a turnoff especially when it comes to the title track talking about abortion. Overall though I highly recommend any fans of hip-hop that has never checked this album out.
Comments
Pang
Frank Ocean - DHL
Frank Ocean
DHL
Foals - Everything Not Saved Will Be Lost (Part 2)
Foals
Everything Not Saved Will Be Lost (Part 2)
Floating Points - Crush