YOU CAN ONLY BE ROYALS SO MANY TIMES.

I'm seriously baffled by Lorde's critical reception. What about this was considered quality? The production is mediocre at best and Lorde herself sounds like she's being forced to sing at gunpoint. I can tolerate a boring album. I have a small brain and I am easily entertained. I draw the line when things go from inoffensive middle ground to mind-numbing obnoxiousness.

I worked in a retail clothing store before this whole virus thing hit. Multiple times I had to be at work at 2am for an overnight merchandising shift. Nothing gets under my skin more than hearing Royals played repeatedly over a P.A. system that early in the morning. I'm pretty sure there was like one song on this album I enjoy, but I can't remember the name...I'll list it below. Other than that one song I cannot stand this album and this is the reason why hearing the name Lorde triggers a fight or flight response from me.

There were a lot of shitty pop albums in 2013 but at least they had personality. This one has to take the cake as the most lifeless. Not just for 2013 but pop albums I have ever heard.

3/10

Favorite tracks: Glory and Gore

Least favorite tracks: Royals, Royals, Royals, Royals, Royals, Royals, Royals, Royals, and everything else I didn't list as a highlight.
Jul 13, 2020
tfw you've never seen a diamond in the flesh :(
Agreed