Melanie Martinez - K-12
Screw this album.

And no I'm not going to watch the film. I don't care if I'll "understand it better". I don't review films...I review albums. This is a bad album.

The lyrics! Dear god these are some of the worst lyrics I've heard this year. How could someone possibly defend this? You can't make a song about on putting icing on top of your strawberry shortcake and then claim that it has some deeper meaning. Why should I listen to Melanie sing about grown adults dressed as children indulging in acts of debauchery just because it has "meaning"? In fact I wouldn't be able to sleep at night knowing I had suggested anyone listen to this filth.

What's that? She's saying it disgusts her too? Then don't make music about it.

This album really punched me in the ovaries and triggered my mommy senses. I can't help but feel sorry for the preteen girls who got another Melanie Martinez album to use as depression fuel. That's right, I know kids who self harm because music like this convinces them that they have a worse life than they actually do. And let's not mention how it's exposing them to garbage music with a "relatable narrative" so they can justify it as "real music". I don't care if this has a deep positive narrative or not, it's instilling an attitude in kids that makes me not like kids. Actually, what even is the narrative here? Bullying? You mean to tell me Melanie Martinez made an educationally themed album about bullying? If that itself doesn't make this the most uninspired album so far this year then what is?

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I actually enjoyed Cry Baby. I didn't much care for the concept then but now at this point I can't stand it. I'm not going to say I was anticipating K-12 because I wasn't. I knew it'd be bad but not like this. The production is boring, the lyrics are horrendous, and everything else is just bad.

The only thing about this album I found to be remotely enjoyable was the beat and part of the melody on Detention. Don't ask me why because not even I fully know. Everything else can burn in a fiery diaper bin.

Oh and btw Melanie Martinez is ugly.

1/10

Favorite track(s): The beat on Detention

Least favorite track: Everything else
Sep 9, 2019
[hidden]
Sep 9, 2019
Well this album is worse but thanks for the feedback
I was gonna check out this album but I don't even know if i want to anymore.