Static Dress - Rouge Carpet Disaster
May 24, 2022
An Album of Time
This record is like a coming-together of the scene. The influences are running rampant and the bloodline is more than evident. This band is the metaphorical end of the road that was paved by Hum, Hopesfall, Deftones, My Chemical Romance, and Chiodos. Proving to be more than a nostalgia-piece, Static Dress updates these familiar sounds with a healthy tribute to the industrial soundscapes of Jon Lathemor and Florian Kleiber of Gunts fame. These influences come together to create what can only be called the Free Guy of Post-Hardcore.

The ear-candy woven throughout this tracklist, at least to my ears, is like if you took what the artists mentioned previously were building in great proportion to the height of a new era for the scene-to-come. Hell, just drop everything and listen to it right now, you won’t regret it. 10/10.

EDIT: I still believe this band is a glimpse into the future of post-hardcore and a converging of sounds new and old into something that reaches greater yet heights, taking several liberties from Underoath, Alesana, and Pierce the Veil. However, after being made aware of the personal beliefs held by Static Dress, I can no longer fully support this review.

2mo
what are their "personal beliefs"?