Susanna - ‎Baudelaire & Piano
Having seen all the mediocre ratings of this, I feel even more passionately than before that this is one of the best albums that has come out this year. Susanna has composed ten beautifully crafted songs to poems by the 19th Century French Poet Charles Baudelaire under the concept that he took his disgust with life to the streets of Paris, and Susanna is pondering with this album, what he would make of the current situation during the Pandemic. So before you even think about it, it’s lyrically beautiful. But soon, the lyrics fade away behind the beautiful solo piano that is the only accompanying instrument throughout the whole album, and you don’t even find yourself listening to the lyrics, because her voice and the incredible melodies she’s crafted over these Poems are so beautiful and utterly beguiling Piano is just magical. When I texted my dad to tell him he should listen to this, I suggested she was a mix between Bjork, Angel Olsen, Carole King and Mary Lattimore, and is stand by that. Anyway, everyone should hear this.
Comments
ALICIA
Oh Sees - Protean Threat
Oh Sees
Protean Threat
Slauson Malone - Vergangenheitsbewältigung (Crater Speak)
Slauson Malone