Help Support AOTY
JPEGMAFIA - All My Heroes Are Cornballs
Sep 12, 2019
Well, that was a disappointment...

Jesus Forgive Me, I Am A Thot was not a track I was a big fan of but it was decent enough for me to be hyped for the album. This caused me to worry a bit about the style Peggy was going for but I was hoping something good nevertheless. After that, I saw his video on YouTube with Kenny Beats, where he said the album was unedited and raw. That increased my preoccupation. Still, hyped for the album.

But now it's 13/09/2019 and we finally got the album... I'm gonna be honest, I don't fuck with this at all. This sounds so sloppy that I just can't get myself through it. I mean, I think that's what JPEGMAFIA wanted, a weird album, one that was able to mislead people and he did whatever he wanted and I can respect it but goddamn, I am a fan of perfection and I don't think perfection can be rushed.

This album is totally off the wall. Sound wise, it's so diverse but does it do anything for me? Not really, to be honest, it just makes me dislike it more. Like, when I was finally enjoying something a random flow/style would just appear out of nowhere and that really annoyed me. Despite that, I still think the album manages to sound cohesive enough which is actually very impressive. He sacrifices catchiness and for experimenting but to me, there's no real benefit in that. There's parts where the mastering and percussion sound completely horrible. Almost never cared for the lyrics and I actually turned off Genius once I realized there wasn't anything special there. JPEGMAFIA's delivery is cool, as usual. I always liked his voice, it was no surprise to me. I just have a real big problem with how this album sounds and how many different things it's going for without succeeding most of the time.

Concluding, this is just a project that's not for me. I reccomend it a bit since people's first reactions are being mostly positive and I think this is a highlight of what 2019 has to offer, despite of how bad I think it is. :)

Favorite Tracks: Jesus Forgive Me, I Am A Thot; PTSD; Rap Grow Old & Die x No Child Left Behind; PRONE!; Papi I Missed You
Sep 12, 2019
Oh no
Oof
Sep 13, 2019
you're better than this..
Oof
Imagine not being epic
Sep 13, 2019
"This sounds so sloppy that I just can't get myself through it. I mean, I think that's what JPEGMAFIA wanted, a weird album, one that was able to mislead people and he did whatever he wanted and I can respect it but goddamn, I am a fan of perfection and I don't think perfection can be rushed."

Half way through as of typing this. This couldn't be more accurate IMO
Ok boomer
Ok boomer
Sep 13, 2019
your mom's dick in my ass
HUMONGOUS L MATE
Sep 13, 2019
I completely agree with u but at this point Peggy might drop an album of him only farting in adistorted trap beats and people on this site will still call it aoty.
uwu
disappointed
Sep 13, 2019
I mean... i agree with you in the sense that Veteran is better... but you rated that a 68, so... i don't know what that says really
Sep 13, 2019
dude yes this blows ass! you're out of the matrix, bro.
Sep 13, 2019
@hermit Veteran starts off pretty good but then it just goes downhill
Boomer rating Boomer rating
Ok Boomer
Sep 13, 2019
This is the same guy who gave die lit a 57 so his opinion doesn't count.
based
Sep 13, 2019
agree with this. its too messy and prioritizes sloppiness over actual interesting elements.
Sep 13, 2019
Why are people so bitter over his opinion? Not everyone has to have the same trashy music preferences you do as well.
Okay trippie redd ! 8/10 headass ^
Perfectly fair take.
Sep 13, 2019
@Skrilla you're feeding into the exact thing they're criticizing.
Sep 13, 2019
@Skrilla Lmao, thanks for proving my point. If my ratings interest you so much, don't be afraid to follow me as well.
@Skrilla fart shark attack
Ay... Yo!
Pee Pe Poo
Sep 14, 2019
Bro, you're not supposed to 𝘢𝘤𝘵𝘶𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 give your opinion. C'mon bro, get with the crowd!
Sep 14, 2019
comments on good scored reviews: 2, 3 max. Comments on bad scored review: 30. Yea, hype machine working just fine.
You gave Hot Shower an 87/100 🤡
Sep 15, 2019
I agree most of the parts of your review. I'm disappointed with this record too.
Sep 15, 2019
This is like, way more conventionally catchy than veteran, so I really don’t get where you’re pulling that from
STREAM B. THE LEO - ONE GHOST EP https://soundcloud.com/btheleo/sets/one-ghost
Sep 15, 2019
@SomeMidSongs eh I was never that big into Veteran and I remember of it than the new album
Sep 15, 2019
Need to spend more time with the album but I always felt Peggy was one of those musicians that focused on style over substance. Ok as an interesting background mood but not for intent listening.
yeehaw
Damn this got personal
Sep 16, 2019
@vanchromo oh yes, apologies for my trashy music preferences
Sep 16, 2019
@dumbmoonlight your point was proved? I thought it was fairly obvious that my response was tongue in cheek?
Sep 16, 2019
@Skrilla Oh, I love João too much to keep answering you. But yeah, I stand by my words and my opinions, just like he does.
Sep 17, 2019
yikes
Sep 18, 2019
@uglynik "you're better than this"
opinion communism???