TOMORROW X TOGETHER - The Dream Chapter: Magic
Local K-Pop fan here to interject his largely unpopular opinion to the masses! (Does 75 followers count as masses?)

Following their quite good debut mini album, TXT are here to make a big statement at what direction they are headed next. That direction happens to be a much dancier one. Not exactly a word, but whatevs. Dream Chapter: Star had a bit of variety as TXT were trying to find their footing in music. Here, they've found a direction and marching strongly forward. It's hard not to agree with them when they proudly sing that, "It will be alright."

Every tune is a great little ditty that will be hard not to move your feet to. I didn't ignore that urge. I was on my feet dancing along to most of this album. Thank god my housemate wasn't here to see that. This seriously doesn't sound like a real debut album. It sounds like a pop artist that has found a great lane and is headed straight down that path. My personal favorites were Can't We Just Leave the Monster Alive?, opener New Rules, and hip hop inspired closer Angel or Devil. It's not perfect, but it's fun and extremely infectious with its catchiness.

I don't think this will win over new followers, but TXT deliver a great debut album and proudly put themselves into the upper echelon of K-Pop groups out there today.
Comments