Juice WRLD - DEATH RACE FOR LOVE
Mar 8, 2019
After enjoying last years Goodbye & Good Riddance I had high hopes for Juice WRLD's future but if this is the path he's going to take I believe he'll paint himself into a corner of complete irrelevancy pretty quickly. He's really bringing nothing new. Last year he burst onto the scene with iconic vocals perfect for his catchy brand of melodic emo rap. His debut album was a little repetitive and maybe even one-dimensional but I thought it worked due to how fresh, energetic and youthful the music felt, it certainly got under your skin.

Unfortunately, Juice WRLD has picked up a few of the bad trap tropes and implemented them into his sound on DEATH RACE FOR LOVE. The dancehall beats are tedious and the overlong tracklist results in the project appearing artistically unconcentrated and financially focused. The production is very inconsistent too. Sometimes full and vibrant but on a few tracks the mixing is just messy. It's a shame too as there's some real bangers on here such as Fast and Empty. If this was cut down to the 10 best tracks I really believe we'd have another good Juice WRLD release. As it stands though, DEATH RACE FOR LOVE is an overlong disappointment.
Comments