Otoboke Beaver - Itekoma Hits
Jun 17, 2019
What's with Fantano and automatically giving noise rock albums a high rating? Not that I'm complaining, I wouldn't have even found this if it wasn't for his review.

Well, I had no idea what was even happening for the entire duration of this. I understood about 0% of what was being said. All I understood was that I was being screamed at in Japanese and I think at one point I was told to go to hell?

Itekoma Hits is mostly just a fun, hardcore-punk noise rock album. I didn't even know I wanted to be shouted at by some Japanese women until I listened to this. It was so enjoyable, and there wasn't even a dull moment on here. Although, I do think this has the same problem as early Daughters album where the songs are way too short to actually take in. I mean, it's not as bad as Daughters' debut, but when the longest song is 2:48 minutes, and the shortest is eighteen seconds, I knew I was going to get something that wouldn't be that memorable. And I was right. Although I loved most of the songs on here, there's nothing to really differentiate them. They all just merged into one 26 minute song where only a few really good moments stood out.

Overall, this is a fun listen, but it's completely forgettable and these songs are way too short for their own good.

Favourite Tracks: Bad Luck; Introduce Me To Your Family; What Do You Mean You Have To Talk To Me At This Late Date?; Love Is Short; S'il Vous Plait

Least Favourite Tracks: Ikezu; Bakuro Book
Jun 20, 2019
I have a half answer to this? Noise rock in general is just pretty inaccessible, so noise rock albums usually dont get a lot of hype. Fantano probably doesnt get a lot of recommendations or requests to review most noise rock albums that arent super big or hyped, so he just sticks to reviewing the really good noise rock albums so they can get a spotlight and have ppl listen to their stuff. I think, again i doubt this is right but its my best guess.
Jun 20, 2019