Kid Cudi - Man on the Moon: The End of Day
Jun 9, 2019 (updated Jun 14, 2019)
Original Score: 74
Kid Cudi's debut album is actually surprisingly good.

Man On The Moon: The End Of The Day really shows that Cudi has potential, and you can't deny that he is certainly ambitious. He's really trying his best here to make the best thing he can, and he succeeds for the most part. With songs like Soundtrack 2 My Life, Day 'N' Nite, and Pursuit Of Happiness, you can really see that Cudi has it in him to make something great. Those are all stand-out songs which show that he can really make some great tracks if he really tries.

But there are a couple of things about this record that really stops me from saying that I love this. The beats are incredibly repetitive for one, making me really bored for some of these songs. Songs like Heart Of A Lion I liked at the beginning, but only a minute or so into them I just couldn't take anymore of the song. I think the worst song is Hyyerr, it's just so damn repetitive and just sound outdated, even for 2009.

In the end, I did think that Man On The Moon was a good release, but it just isn't something I can see myself coming back to. There were a few problems with it, but I did enjoy the listen for the most part.

Favourite Tracks: Day 'N' Nite (Nightmare); Pursuit Of Happiness (Nightmare); Cudi Zone; Soundtrack 2 My Life; Make Her Say

Least Favourite Track: Hyyerr

Edit: I relistened to this album last night after hearing SB2H and honestly I just enjoyed and respected this so much more. Most of my points still stand, but I liked a lot of the tracks a lot more. I still wouldn't give this an 8, but it's really damn close.
Jun 11, 2019