Daughters - Hell Songs
Nov 30, 2018
Daughters improved on pretty much everything wrong with their debut album and made this intense and fun ride.
The first improvement is that they made the album longer... by doubling the time. Usually, I would complain that it's not at least 30 minutes, but I think that 23 minutes is good enough for this album in particular, just because I did feel like the longest song (Cheers Pricks being 6 minutes) did drag on for a bit, and that if they had made more songs be that long it might hurt the album.
Also, they got rid of the terrible screaming, and replaced it with actual coherent singing.
Really, I was tempted to rate it a low 80, but there were a couple of forgettable songs which I don't see myself listening to too much. To be honest, there was only one song that I didn't like too much (and that was mainly because it was less than a minute long), but the others I just can't remember. In total, there were six songs that I thought were great, one that was bad, and three which I thought were just okay.

Favourite Tracks: Recorded Inside a Pyramid; The Fuck Whisperer; Hyperventilationsystem; Daughters Spelled Wrong; Fiery; Providence By Gaslight

Least Favourite Track: X-Ray