David Bowie - Hours...
Jun 5, 2019
Hours is yet another decline in quality for Bowie, and honestly this was the most boring listen I've had from him so far. While Bowie has had much, much worse releases than this in the past, none of them were quite as boring as this. I damn near fell asleep during this one.

There were a few good moments sprinkled throughout, but there was not nearly enough to save this from disaster. Thursday's Child I thought was a great opener that was really fun. Something In The Air was extremely catchy and probably one of the most underrated Bowie songs that I've heard so far. Then it felt like there was a whole lot of nothing until the final track, The Dreamers, which I thought was the most enjoyable track on the album and was definitely a good way to end off the album. Despite those three easily being the most fun, none of them were great.

There really weren't too many stand-out moments. I feel like everything from track 3 through 9 were just extremely dull and uninteresting. And this is by far Bowie's most poorly written album lyrics wise. Like, Jesus, I understand that this his twentieth album and it's really hard for an artist for go on for as long as he did with his career, but how do you go from concept albums that are heralded as some of the most well-written and overall best out there, to this.

Favourite Tracks: The Dreamers; Something In The Air; Thursday's Child