Slipknot - Iowa
Dec 1, 2018
Slipknot's second album is a really good follow up to their debut. Intense instrumentals, brutal vocals, disturbing lyrics; it really is a great album. Only thing is: it's pretty damn similar to the first one. It seems that they didn't even try to change the sound, making it sound almost identical, and I don't know how I feel about that. I don't hate it, but it irritated me a bit.
This album doesn't have any bad songs, all are good, some are great. However, there aren't really any stand out ones like their first album.
Really, most of the complaints I have are just me comparing it to their debut. If I don't think about their first album, this is a really great album and deserves the rating I gave it. The only thing holding it back from being in the 90s is that it seemed too similar to their previous album.

Favourite Tracks: My Plague; The Shape; Iowa; The Heretic Anthem; I Am Hated

Least Favourite Track: (515)

3y
Id argue they did the sound better on Iowa
3y
@Flexreviews I guess from a technical standpoint Iowa is better, but I'd still say that S/T is my favourite. I still think both albums are just as good as each other, but I do prefer S/T over Iowa.
3y
Oh of couse. Both are fucking awesome and two of the best Nu metal has to offer. In fact i used to prefer ST and (sic) is still one of my all time favorite songs