Lingua Ignota - Sinner Get Ready
Aug 5, 2021 (updated Aug 6, 2021)
man wow. kristin hayter only knows how to make masterpieces.

Kristin Hayter known as Lingua Ignota returns with her 4th studio album, SINNER GET READY. this follows up her 2019 album, CALIGULA, which received wide critical acclaim and a bigger fan base.

with this new record, she does a full 180 turn from CALIGULA, stripping the harsh noise, electronics and, instead, makes use of over 40 different instruments; banjo, piano and woodwinds to name a few. this sound works perfectly for Ignota, making use of her classically trained opera voice in as many different ways she can; appearing as the more versatile instrument in this album.

Kristin Hayter has been residing in the rural parts of Pennsylvania, and this album talks about the mass privileging Christianity can provide especially in her community. she also speaks about her own christian upbringings while also calling out the inequalities of the teachings of Christianity.

this album may be more stripped back compared to CALIGULA, but that does not mean it doesn’t pack a hard punch. Ignota’s voice is ferocious, animalistic and a pure force of nature at certain times but also layered, melodic and operatic at others. she uses her voice perfectly in each song, conveying every lyric into a picture, making you feel every single emotion.

i came out of this album realizing, Lingua Ignota is a one in a million talent and we are very lucky to be witnessing it. she constantly is evolving herself and her sound and doing amazing at it. SINNER GET READY is another masterful project added to the other masterpieces of work she has done.
Based review
Aug 6, 2021
@baddiebaphomet thank you so much!!
fantastic review ! (≧∇≦)/ *.•
Aug 6, 2021
@clumsyduckling thank you ahh!
Aug 7, 2021
this is my first ever popular this week!
Aug 12, 2021
Congratulations on your first 'Popular This Week' and on 50 likes!! :)
Aug 12, 2021
@cry tysm ur so sweet!! :))