Denzel Curry - 13LOOD IN + 13LOOD OUT MIXX
Jan 6, 2020
Carol City's own Denzel Curry has made quite a name for himself in the past two years. In 2018 he brought us one of the best hip-hop projects with 'TA1300' and just a few months later he released a very fun and great project with 'ZUU'. And, now, a few months later he brings us a new project again with the '13LOOD IN + 13LOOD OUT MIXX'. Will this project live up to 'TA13OO' and 'ZUU'?

If I'm honest, I'm not sure what this project is supposed to be. Should I consider this a song, because it flows together to perfection, or should I consider this an EP, because there are definite standalone tracks on here, or should I consider this to be a teaser for his upcoming album, because it is referred to as a mix. But seriously, who even gives a shit what we should consider this to be, as long as it slaps this hard.

This project is very similair to Denzel's earlier work as a RAIDER KLAN-member. Especially the production on here is very phonk-centered, but he has modernised his old style by combining his new style with the phonk-centered production. It's way more intense, way more aggresive, and more energetic than his older work. It mostly shows in his much more agressive delivery and his fast-rapping that has really improved over the last few years.

Feature-wise this project is amazing, every feature on here delivers some of their best put-together verses in terms of cadence, delivery, and flows. Zillakami's chorus is definitely a highlight, with an amazing flow and great grunchy delivery. AKTHESAVIOR also delivered one of his best verses on here, with a clean yet still very agressive delivery. All these guest appearences really compliment the project and Denzel's performances.

Denzel also really delivered on here, with some really amazing flows, great agressive and grunchy delivery, and some unique cadences on every individual song. Because of all these positives, Denzel made this project really stand out in his discography.

Of course it's a very short project, with all songs being just being under two minutes (except 'GOGETA'), but in my opinion it doesn't take away anything great of the project, but a factor that does take away from the project are all the underwritten verses on here, lyrically the project isn't thag strong and that's why it takes away some points.

Although, this project is very short and slightly underwritten, this project is still one I would come back to again and again. With amazing verses and features, Denzel delivers a very fun and great project.

AMAZING TRACKS: "CHARLIE SHEEN", "EVIL TWIN", "WELCOME TO THE FUTURE"

GREAT TRACKS: "FALSE GODS", "NO PEN NO PAD", "GOGETA"

GOOD TRACKS: "INTRO", "POSH H6XD SHXT"

AVERAGE TRACKS, NOT GOOD TRACKS: -