AOTY 2019
FKA twigs - MAGDALENE
Nov 8, 2019 (updated Nov 10, 2019)
VIBE- Heartbreak with an alien

Not gonna lie, I didn’t like this, which Is extremely disappointing because FKA twigs Is one of my favorite artists this decade and LP1 is one of my favorite album of 2014

I can see the appeal of this album, its concept would make for a good glitch pop/ Art Pop album and I can see why someone could be mind blowed by this album, but it isn’t for me, I will say though, there are highlights

Thousands eyes is amazing with it starts slowly at first only to get more chaos along with the vocals, and Home with you has grown on me mainly due to how much more the mixing was on this album than it was on the single, and I love the chorus for that song, but how could we not forget Cellophane which might be my SOTY, it’s an amazing and beautiful song with Twigs’s best vocals to date and the production actually works on that track, but everything else I did not like.

The vocals on this album are messy as hell where it becomes tedious to listen to, like I feel like the vocals could been good if the production was trying to be bigger than life, (oh god, am I turning into Anthony?) like I feels the vocals work on Cellophane and Thousand eyes because the Production lets her do her thing first then to join in and making this epic, beautiful and climatic song, but everything else here Is messy

Also, while the production isn’t bad, I feel like it’s a downgrade from her previous albums/EPs, I feel like on songs like Fallen Alien and Sad Day they try to be epic, but really isn’t. I just find it so much less sonically impressive compared to her last EP, also why the fuck is shrillex doing as the production on Holy Terrain? Like if you like the Production here then good for you, just wish it tried to be a little more subtle.

Yeah, sorry guys, not feeling this one, my disappointment is unmeasurable and my day is ruined

Best Tracks: Thousands Eyes, Home With You