May 17, 2019 (updated May 24, 2019)
(100) Masterpiece

“IGOR. THIS IS NOT BASTARD. THIS IS NOT GOBLIN. THIS IS NOT WOLF. THIS IS NOT CHERRY BOMB. THIS IS NOT FLOWER BOY. THIS IS IGOR. PRONOUNCED EEE-GORE. DONT GO INTO THIS EXPECTING A RAP ALBUM. DONT GO INTO THIS EXPECTING ANY ALBUM. JUST GO, JUMP INTO IT. I BELIEVE THE FIRST LISTEN WORKS BEST ALL THE WAY THROUGH, NO SKIPS. FRONT TO BACK. NO DISTRACTIONS EITHER. NO CHECKING YOUR PHONE NO WATCHING TV NO HOLDING CONVO, FULL ATTN TOWARDS THE SOUNDS WHERE YOU CAN FORM YOUR OWN OPINIONS AND FEELINGS TOWARDS THE ALBUM. SOME GO ON WALKS, SOME DRIVE, SOME LAY IN BED AND SPONGE IT ALL UP. WHATEVER IT IS YOU CHOOSE , FULLY INDULGE. WITH VOLUME. AS MUCH AS I WOULD LIKE TO PAINT A PICTURE AND TELL YOU MY FAVORITE MOMENTS, I WOULD RATHER YOU FORM YOUR OWN. IF WE EVER CROSS PATHS, FEEL FREE TO ARTICULATE WHAT THOSE MOMENTS WERE FOR YOU, KEEP IT TIMELY THO IM NOT TRYNA HAVE AN OPRAH EPISODE. STANK YOU SMELLY MUCHO.”

So is Tyler is gonna not stop producing classics before he retires? Anyways, to really like this album, you have to understand that this is something completely different from his other albums. This is easily one of his most experimental album to date along with his most stellar production, each song feels different from the other. We got the bangers ( What’s good, New Magic wand ) along with the soulful, emotional ones ( Are we still friends?, puppet, Gone Gone/Thank you) you never expect what to happen next. This production, THE PRODUCTION. Ahhhhh, where do I even start! It like if Tyler got a bit of rainbow and straight up lava and put them together and somehow made a PB&J sandwich. The features are pretty great, they don’t take up the album, but they are so great when they are in the spotlight. This album is just some of the lushest hip-hop music I heard. I love the overall vibe of the album and I think the message is great. Don't get me wrong, this album isn’t for everyone, but I don’t see why this is a bad album. Eh, maybe when Anthony Fantano gives it a high score everyone will change their scores.

Best Tracks: What’s good, puppet, Igor’s theme, Earfquake, I think, running out of time, New magic wand, Are we still friends?

Worst Track: none really, but if I had to pick one, it would be... I don’t like you anymore, to be honest, I guess.

Edit: It been my fifth listen to this album and I still love this album. I’m weird lol

Finale edit: My finale score the record. I know it has flaws, but I love this album and it’s probably my most played album of 2019 so far

The Real Finale Edit: Yeah, this album is way too beautiful. I'm on the verge of tears whenever I listen to this album
May 17, 2019
woah how have you listened to this thing over 5 times in one day?
May 17, 2019
I have way too much free time on my hands
May 21, 2019
If you wanna find a 10/10 check out Grey Area by Little Simz
May 21, 2019
@AShinyGiratina I've already listened to that album and I really enjoyed it. I gave it a 85.