Bon Iver - i,i
Aug 11, 2019
VIBE- A Sunday Afternoon in
The Mountains

Zoo-Wee Mama! The New Bon Iver album just dropped! Anyways, what do I think of it? It’s honestly very mediocre.

The album does start very promising at first with the song iMi, where it has some fantastic production and great sounding vocals, it’s honestly something that could have been on The Age Of Adz, just you know, instead of Sufjan, it’s Justin that’s singing, but the album quickly falls apart after that

“We” is a forgettable song with some dark and moody production, but it sticks out like a sore thumb on this album compared to the other songs, There are other songs that I did like on this album, Hey, Ma is a song that grew on me and I like the lyrics about giving gratitude to your mother, U (Man Like) is a very inspirational song and it’s probably Justin’s best vocal performance on the album, Faith is a beautiful song about, well. Faith, but honestly, those are the only songs I say that I’ll come back to, I just find every other song on this album very bland on boring.

I found the production on this album for the most part very meh, and the vocals on this album are very meh too, there are times where they can become very whinny and moany like on tracks Naeem and Sh’dish.

Besides some highlights, I found this album for the most part very boring and bland, I feel like album tries to have emotion and life to it, that it comes off very lifeless, yeah, I’m not feeling this one.

Best Tracks: iMi, Faith, U (Man Like), Hey Ma