Daft Punk - Discovery
Sep 6, 2019
The first half of this is just banger after banger, and while the second half isn’t as magnificent, it’s still really goddamn good!

Scattered among these many bangers are more low-key tracks that are just perfect at building up this atmosphere that makes you feel like you’re floating in space, with Nightvision being just the perfect example of this. Digital Love is possibly the most colourful explosion of sound that I’ve ever heard, and it seems to be part of a trilogy of love songs scattered throughout this album, these being Digital Love, Something About Us, and Face To Face. The album title is incredibly accurate as it seems that every time I listen to this, I discover something new to like about the album. While a few tracks just don’t live up to the standard that the rest of the album sets, everything feels necessary. This is one of those few albums where every song feels like it adds so much to the album, making every single one great in the context of the album, but at the same time every song is almost as good on their own. This is just one of those albums I can’t recommend enough, it’s just such a fun way experience that I feel everyone needs.

Favourite Tracks: Harder Better Faster Stronger, Digital Love, Face To Face