Blink-182 - Nine
Sep 20, 2019 (updated Oct 7, 2019)
update update: I swear, I'm never gonna stop editing this. Apparently there's a Japan bonus track "Out of My Head". Not gonna count it on my overall rating of this album but I'll just put it in the review.

edit edit edit: originally a 91. THAT'S IT, ON SOME EMO SHIT CLICKED AND I HAVE NO SHAME THAT THIS IS GOING TO BE MY AOTY.

edit edit: originally an 88. okay i lied. and one of the songs grew heavily on me (Remember to Forget Me) so...

update: okay, last time i'm updating this review, just wanted to do individual scores on each track.

edit: originally an 83. some of the remaining tracks have definitely grown on me like Hungover You and Remember to Forget Me, but On Some Emo Shit is def. gonna be a long one to getting used to.

And I wait, and I wait, and I wait, and I wait, and I wait, and I wait, and I wait, and I waited.
And this album, is pretty good, despite the negative reception on this (which I already anticipated, I mean look at that User Score average lmao).

(won't be going too deep on the singles)
Wasn't an avid fan of blink-182 until they dropped their disastrous "Blame It on My Youth" which I liked for some reason. Since then, I've been following what this album was gonna sound like and the quality of it from Happy Days to IRWIHY.
I think the album art really demonstrates what this album is. It's colourful, it's vibrant, it's this new era of blink with electronics and reminiscent punk riffs that the band was known for years ago like Pin the Grenade.

Surprisingly, Matt actually really killed it in this record, I think he brought the greatness of this record with his raw screams such as The First Time and Run Away, blending with the smooth ballad vocals in I Really Wish I Hated You and On Some Emo Shit.

The new songs are pretty good, bursting with energy with Heaven and No Heart to Speak Of, biggest highlights of the album.
But I'm very conflicted with the band going autotune with the beginning of Ransom, despite being this a really good short punk track like Generational Divide, and using generic trap presets with Remember to Forget Me and On Some Emo Shit.

If "No Heart to Speak Of" becomes a single, you bet your ass I'm running over to the song page and giving that my 100/100 score, no CAP

Favs: ALL

Hungover You - 9/10
Remember to Forget Me - 9/10
Out of My Head (Bonus Track) - 9.5/10
Sep 21, 2019
I think this is a step up from their last album
Sep 25, 2019
I agree with no heart to speak of being a 10. I fucking love that song
Oct 3, 2019
I sometimes wish I could achieve this level of based-ness
Oct 4, 2019
@RakkSmells All it takes is just a little self-confidence
Oct 15, 2019
I love this review so much. I feel like the internet, and organized criticism forces us to align with popular narratives about media. This really took over my view of music last year- I only fucked with music that was acclaimed. This is a free and beautiful way of analyzing media. Kudos!