EXO - Obsession
Nov 27, 2019
I thought that Lotto Repackaged was EXO's most boring and mediocre album, but Obsession proved me wrong. The title track sounds like something that belongs in an NCT album-- incredibly bland, repetitive and tasteless. All the other songs I've heard so far have all been equally as dry and awfully produced as the other. What a shame, I've waited for almost a year for a comeback from my favourite group, but this fell short of my expectations. How does one go from something as artistically beautiful as Universe to something as hideous as Obsession? What a disappointment
Nov 27, 2019
the name of the album literally speak for itself.
Nov 27, 2019
you literally created an account just for this? if EXO really was your favorite group, you wouldn’t even review obsession like that... the main focus of the project is the various mix of genres, but I guess you skipped that part. no need to bring another group into this also, NCT have their own musical personality. at this point, you’re idiotically just hating.
Nov 27, 2019
@leonardo Just because I don't like a song (an entire album, in this case), that means that I'm hating? Does that mean that just because I disagree with something my friend has said or done that I don't appreciate our friendship? Don't healthy relationships mean being able to disagree on certain points. Your friendships sure must be meaningful. Similarly, disliking Obsession doesn't make me any less of a fan, it simply means that I don't like it.
Nov 27, 2019
@kooperation this allusion ain’t it. i’m 100% you didn’t take anything of this project into consideration although you said you’re a fan yourself. literally reread your review and try again. it’s not about being less of a fan, but simply creating an account here to post gibberish. besides, calling out another group’s identity isn’t going to make this a good review.
Nov 27, 2019
@leonardo huh? I've reread your comment numerous times, and I still don't understand what you're getting at. If the entire point of your comment was not to depict me as a hater, then what exactly are you trying to convey? That having a "various mix of genres" is worth celebrating? That having an opinion which doesn't coincide with yours, or which you are unable to understand, is gibberish? I'm sorry, but I just don't like the album. End of. I'm not convinced otherwise. That's just like me trying to convince you to hold certain political views. I can't. Does that make your opinions gibberish?

Also, the purpose of writing this so-called review isn't to write a "good review". It's simply to express my opinions, which I feel are being marginalised as of now, simply because I'm a part of a community which refuses to acknowledge opinions which fall outside of the "norm". Don't tell me that you don't have your own likes and dislikes, and that you'd feel irritated if you were denied them.
Nov 27, 2019
@leonardo just because someone's opinion differs from yours, does that make it gibberish? from an outside point of view, it seems like at this point, you're the one idiotically hating on kooperation for merely voicing her opinion on this website. i think it's time for you to 'literally reread' your comment and 'try again' because you're trying to force someone into changing their stance to support this album.

she said she's a fan, why accuse her of otherwise? last i checked, you don't need to blindly support everything a celebrity/artist does to be their fan. in fact, i could very well accuse you of being a toxic fan for trying to force others to like the album.

at the end of the day, it's about what her opinion of the music was, and she said she didn't like it. so who are you to tell her otherwise, and criticise her for that? i'd walk away from this conversation right about now if i were you.
Nov 27, 2019
lmao on those two likes from new accounts. While I agree that we all have our opinions (and the title track sounds something that NCT could kill), your review indeed really felt like a straight hate. You really made an account to shit on this album on the actual day of its release, and it indeed feels like a very low stoop, my guy.
Nov 27, 2019
@JNAJNAJNAJNA while my account may be new, i can assure you that i'm not kooperation.
Nov 27, 2019
@har3ha i think it’s hilarious that you’d assume that i would want them to change their opinion given i never said so! read my comments and you’ll see that all i said is that the review came off as a hate. funny how you also know that their pronouns are she/her, huh? loyal bot friendship (if you don’t happen to be @kooperation, of course!). just think you need to calm down a bit and log off of your fake account for now. i’d never and didn’t criticize them for anything as well. you’re blowing this out of proportion with entertaining accusations and it’s really, really funny.

who said i was a fan, too? see how you’re coming up with distorted allegations? it’s comical.
Nov 27, 2019
@leonardo firstly, i'll establish that i know who @kooperation is, therefore i can refer to them using the pronouns she/her. while this may sound like a cliche excuse, it's true. whether you choose to believe it or not isn't my issue. if you really want to prove it, take a look at our writing styles, which i'm fairly sure are quite different.

alright, moving on. if you don't wish for kooperation to change their opinion, then why would you call her opinion gibberish? you equivalated her opinion to idiotic hate when it was simply her showing what she thought of the album. just because this review may not match your personal belief doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad review. if you think otherwise, then go comment on some other reviews.

however, i bite the bullet. even if you aren't a fan, that doesn't excuse you undermining her stance on this matter and falsely classifying it.
Nov 27, 2019
Ppl really butt hurt over this person's opinion while there exist an acc that litterally gave this album a full 100 while rated "norman fucking rockwell" a 1 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Nov 28, 2019
I am offended that I was just accused of being @har3ha when I, very evidently, capitalize after my full stops (like the fantastic English student I am), and do not use rhetoric as frequently. I am not half as dramatic, thank you very much. har3ha, I suspect, is also angered over the fact that she was likened to someone with a writing style as pretentious and as dry as mine.

Could I possibly offer you a spam smoothie?
Nov 28, 2019
@leonardo putting aside all my sentiments about having been accused of being har3ha, note that a lot of other people have also criticized the album as well as SuperM under the album reviews. Go and criticize them as well for being unappreciative of the "various mix of genres".
Nov 28, 2019
I'm going to the convenience store, should I get Cheetos or Doritos?
@Inglume Get me some Doritos, gotta use it for a BuzzFeed recipe
Dec 30, 2019
this thread was a fuckin treat to read
goaway