Cordae - The Lost Boy
Oct 13, 2020
I really love this album, like a lot a lot. This is easily one of the best jazz rap records to be released in the 2010's. I'd go as far to say that it IS the best of the 2010's only to be rivaled that of Chance the Rapper's 10 Day mixtape. Cordae proved himself to me during his XXL freestlye and cypher back in 2019, which had a bunch of stinkers, but he stuck out as the better. His storytelling ability is very strong and nostalgic. Talks about growing up and how his career has taken him to his place in rap so far. One thing I can say is he has come a long way from being part of the YBN collective and even though tracks like Kung Fu and Old ******* are still better than the average mumble rapper.

The features on The Lost Boy are near perfect. Meek, Chance, Anderson Paak, Pusha T... wow man this was a really great album. Only thing I will say otherwise is that I think Cordae says "I used to _____" or "I remember when____" a fairly large amount of times to the point where I was certain he didn't have alzheimers. Honestly if you like Chance or Anderson .Paak you'll more than likely fuck with The Lost Boy.
Comments