Caroline Polachek - Pang
Oct 21, 2019
Caroline Polachek is one of the last people I had expected to hear from in 2019. I turned on the radio one day and heard her unmistakable voice on her single Door and I immediately looked up to see if she would drop an album eventually. Lucky for me, the day finally came and here I am reviewing the singer from one of my favorite former indie pop bands in recent history.

Pang finds a sort of stripped down version of what you would expect from a Chairlift album. Polachek still has her fantastic vocals that sound just as good as it did when Does You Inspire You first dropped. I have always been a sucker for her small voice crack that switches up the tone of her vocals. Her single for the album Door has tons of these and helps make this song a 2019 staple in the world of indie pop.

The one thing I really respect about this album is the amount of risks it takes. One track may seem fairly lowkey in Polachek's delivery in the first minute until it explodes into wondrous amounts of soaring harmonies and synth waves and the other can explode into a guitar ballad (Ocean of Tears).

I didn't exactly know what to expect from this album and I am far from disappointed with the outcome. Pang has some awesome indie pop songs on here that prove sometimes less is more. The album is very much dependent on her vocal talent. While I don't place it on the EXACT same pedestal as I would something like Something or Moth, it is still one of the most ear-pleasing albums I have heard all year.

Best Track(s): Ocean of Tears*, Door, Go As A Dream, Pang, New Normal, Insomnia
JESUS IS KING
Lil Peep - Everybody's Everything
Lil Peep
Everybody's Everything
Billie Eilish - WHEN WE ALL FALL ASLEEP, WHERE DO WE GO?
Billie Eilish
WHEN WE ALL FALL ASLEEP, WHERE DO WE GO?