Tame Impala - The Slow Rush
Feb 16, 2020
2020 Tame Chevy Impala

First Listen:

This has potential to be Tame Impala's best album to date. What I love about Kevin Parker's music abilities is that he is able to make me lost in the music. The instrumentation in itself are the lyrics without even saying a word. While a few tracks are more predominantly instrumentals, they come off as the most beautiful on the record. Songs like Breathe Deeper, One More Hour, and Posthumous Forgiveness come to mind first. My absolute favorite song of theirs is Let it Happen and that's mostly credited to the amazing atmospheric transitions the song provides. I would say that 80% of The Slow Rush is like that.

I am curious as to why Patience didn't make it onto the finished product. While it wasn't a favorite of mine I still thought that the first two initial singles, that and Borderline, bounced off of each other pretty well. Not seeing it in the tracklist was surprising, but honestly appreciated. The flow and sound of a song like Borderline makes more sense on the album.

I honestly thought that this band had reached its height with Lonerism, then proved me wrong with Currents, only to once again prove me wrong with The Slow Rush

Best Track(s): All of them, but Breathe Deeper is probably the best on the record
Comments