Paysage d'Hiver - Im Wald
Apr 12, 2020 (updated Jul 6, 2020)
Alright this has faded for me slightly, but I still really love it a lot! This is a fantastic atmospheric black metal album that really fits the picture on the cover- it's lonely, icy, dark, and cold. I am a SUCKER for this kind of metal so take that into account. But I think Paysage d'Hiver brings a great sound to the genre. There is so much emotion pouring out of every track here, and I think the rough/lofi production suits the mood he's going for really well. This is 2 hours of fantastic metal music that I treat a bit more like an ambient record, something that I can put on while reading/working and feel really enveloped by the tone that is being set.

Still my Aoty right now, but yeah not a 10/10 anymore. Whoops. Feelings change on albums but I'll try to make sure in the future that my 10's really are 10's when I rate them.
Jul 6, 2020
Nice review - glad I finally got to read a real review on this one from you! I have to agree that this album (and pretty much all atmo-black for me at least) is super good to put on in the background while working or whatever. This is currently my soundtrack to planning TTRPG sessions lol
bvrtxk