Alfie Templeman - Forever Isn't Long Enough
May 7, 2021
An album that I was looking forward to. I discovered Alfie Templeman watching MTV Hits, when they showed “Everybody’s Gonna Love Somebody”, the video clip made me fall in love with the song, one of the best videos of the year. Fortunately the song overcame the love of video and became one of my favorite songs during March-April, that fueled my desire to want to hear his complete work.

The album has a great production, and some "renowned" artists would like to sound with the quality that Forever Isn't Long Enough sounds, a clean sound, well produced, with well executed rhythms, although he does not take risks and does not invent anything new. Makes that conventional pop sound sound fresh.
Finally an album that does not gorge on the song number, 8 are perfect for him who is just starting, a duration of exactly 30 minutes, which I personally appreciate. The only problem I see is that in the first 4 tracks I feel that it is repeated too much, they sound almost identical, it is as if it were a 15 minute track. I highlight "Shady" and "Film Scene Daydream", the latter made me feel in the 80's, it is a great song, the second best song on the album, and without a doubt the best of all is "Everybody's Gonna Love Somebody", possibly it is my song of the year, fighting with “Velur” and “Popular” by Zoé and “Kiss Me More” by Doja Cat & SZA. "Hideaway" and "One More Day" are the least graceful of this debut.

Removing the compilation from The Weeknd, it seems that this album will be the best of 2021, in a year that he paints to be another of lean cows.

Shady 75