Help Support AOTY
JPEGMAFIA - All My Heroes Are Cornballs
PEGI 18: Often plastered on games that push the boundaries of violence, explicit language and taste. You don't need me to draw the parallels between this classification and the music of Barrington Hendricks, a provocateur who experienced/suffered a tremendously successful 2018 after the release of Veteran.

20 months later and Peggy has returned with an album that holsters an undeniably refined level of quality when it comes to production, AMHAC having no qualms going from intense and threatening environments (JPEGMAFIA TYPE BEAT ) to sheer gorgeous vistas (BETA MALE STRATEGIES, Post Verified Lifestyle) as effortlessly as an "I feel like [INSERT CELEBRITY]" line. JPEG himself hasn't so much improved as he has learned the ability to restrain himself, shouting and hollering when necessary but knowing when's best to hit in with the killer precision required. PRONE! showcases how threatening the man in a gown can really be, BasicBitchTearGas is a goof that lets us in on a sincere, gorgeous side of the Baltimore rapper and...nearly every song is an excuse for JPEG to flex how he's one of, if not the funniest man in hip-hop right now. Thot Tactics boasts this trifecta of emotion with romantic sentiment, hilarious lines and anger ridden bars galore.

My only really gripes with this project would be the aforementioned JPEGMAFIA TYPE BEAT really crying out for some fleshing out (the in your face portion is far too fleeting) and Peggy himself does start to repeat himself a little near the end of the record lyrically. Thankfully both problems are so minimal that it's easy for them to be lost in the visceral stampede JPEG orchestrates.

Ignore the promo, this ain't a letdown.
Comments