Aphex Twin - drukQs
Mar 26, 2020
I don't normally write reviews because I don't think i'm great at writing them. Sometimes I'll go track by track and give my detailed thoughts on each one, but i think that's genuinely impossible to do for an album like drukqs. this album is a lengthy, incredibly complex masterpiece where each track has it's own emotions tied to them. even the less remarkable tracks have some layer of depth to make sure they aren't boring and justify their inclusion. this album usually goes between prepared piano/normal piano pieces (jynweythek, hy a scullyas lyf adhagrow, strotha tynhe, father, ruglen holon, etc.) and fast IDM bangers (vordhosbn, omgyjya-switch7, 54 cymru beats, ziggomatic 17). despite it's length and conflicting emotions, there's never a song i would take out or even rearrange in the tracklist. i don't really have anything else to say, this is a fucking amazing album despite how inaccessible it admittedly is. listen to this please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Haha I have the exact opposite opinion. I’m incredibly happy you like this though. I would do anything to even tolerate this album :(