Lil Yachty - Let's Start Here.
Jan 27, 2023
Let's Start Here. = IGOR

Umm, excuse me? How the hell did this happen? If you told me yesterday I would not only like, but love a Lil Yachty album, I would have laughed in your face. Well, here we are anyway. Obviously, the production is not anything I would expect from Yachty, but it's innovative, it's something new and it's sounds good. The vocals are not conventionally good per se, but they fit perfectly with the instrumentals and, once again, they sound great in that context. The features are literal perfection, the album as a whole is sequenced flawlessly, I don't really have anything bad to say about this project. Nice job, Lil Boat!

the BLACK seminole. 10/10
paint THE sky 9/10
sHouLd i B? 10/10
The Alchemist. 9/10
REACH THE SUNSHINE. 10/10

Overall: 9.2/10 (honorary Good Ass Album™)

Best Tracks: sHouLd i B?, the BLACK seminole., the ride-
Worst Track: :(failure(:

1y
Haven't heard it yet but I'm absolutely surprised at how much people love it.
1y
@TJpotvin I was surprised too, but after listening to it, I totally get the hype. It's easily his most ambitious project and it's something fresh that has barely been done before. On top of that, it sounds great.
1y
@dafty I tried comparing them on the fact that both of these projects are the most left field and experimental in their discog, but even if we talk about the music itself, it's not that far off for me. I still like IGOR more though.
IGOR is like 10x better though
1y
It honestly baffles me yet curious how it became a must hear album for users but oh boy it took a left turn after listening to this album. It's like a giant plot twist in the first month of the year.
1y
@LonelyHipHopFan just finished my first listen and damn it is not overhyped at all everything u said was right
1y
@renkarenking Right? Lil Yachty wasn't the person I expected a genuine early AOTY contender from. I'm glad he delivered though.
Nah it's better than IGOR
1y
This is the first album I've heard from Lil Yatchy. I think it's great, but because I don't have the contrast between his other work, it's really funny seeing everyone else so excited lmao
1y
@martysarc Yeah, when you compare it to his other projects, it just sounds so much better.
1y
bro i thought the same thing about how it feels within lil boat's discog compared to how igor felt within tyler's discog
1y
@mateoskrrt Okay, I'm not that crazy then to even attempt to compare those albums lmao
1y
igor is so much better wtf. just enjoy the album and stop making such stupid comparisons
way better than igor
1y
@DGREY Not many albums are better than Lil Boat the GOAT's very own Let's Start Here. Igor is one of those albums though.
4mo
ironic because both albums have a song called "running out of time"
1mo
You’re so right, I was thinking IGOR the whole time!