Def Leppard - Hysteria
Mar 4, 2019 (updated Jul 30, 2020)
This is a bomb of adrenaline fired right into your ears that explodes your heart. It's cheesy, I know, but also incredibly filled with emotion, pulse, brightness... Every track is perfect, they're differently catchy and great. In December 84, 10 months after the sessions began, Allen lost his left arm in a terrible car accident. I think that this tragedy empowered the band, even more, to create its magnum opus and to defeat every bad thing that came across its way. And they surely did it. For me, 'Hysteria' gets more unbelievable song after song, when I think "oh my God, is this really gonna stay so fantastic?". It does. The album is loaded with brilliant guitar solos, potent drums, and, more than anything, passionately devoted vocals by Joe Elliott. This man grants every type of emotion you can think of: love, anger, jealousy, sadness, loneliness, sexual excitement, and many many more. I swear I'm enthusiastic just for reviewing this thing. "Pour Some Sugar On Me" is the most famous song and it's understandable, but my favorite will always be "Love Bites", due to my personal affection to it during a great time in my life, just one before listening to the album for the first time. "Hysteria" is one of the most wonderful power ballads ever. "Animal" is also a fantastic super catchy banger. Well, everything here is so great I can't describe it. 'Hysteria' is one of my 5 (?) favorite albums of all time, and it is, without a doubt, the pinnacle of 80s hard rock/hair metal.

TRACKS RANKED: