Kano - Hoodies All Summer
Oct 14, 2019
I always saw this album sitting on the 'best albums by critics' tab and thinking I should check it out eventually. After watching Top Boy and realising that Kano is a rapper and this was his album, I had to check it out. Needless to say, I am very glad that I did.

Hoodies All Summer explores what it is like growing up and living in alarming areas of London. It is clear that this subject matter is important to Kano and therefore, it is spread throughout the entire album. Tracks like 'Trouble' focus directly on diving into the challenges relating to this topic. By implementing themes/ideas of this subject matter into the album, it creates for a more engaging listening experience.

Something that can not go by without mentioning is the production quality on this album. Hoodies All Summer has been constructed extremely well, especially the instrumentals. Subtle moments on this album where a piano or violin are added to a track help put the finishing touches on the song overall result in it sounding so much better (if that makes sense). Production really stands out on this album and it has not gone unnoticed for me.

Kano has done exceptional in making an album that explores the many challenges that an individual faces when living in areas of London. This album is filled with an outstanding production working together with intense yet engaging lyricism. I definitely plan to re-visit this album in the future and I am interested in what Kano will release next.
Comments