Kota the Friend - Everything
Jan 10, 2021
I am extremely late to this one but at the same time, I am very glad that I got around to it in the end. Kota the Friend's most recent LP 'Everything' continues to show listeners the many capabilities that he has as an artist.

As expected, the lyrical content heard across this album is quite dense. With a theme of purpose and the idea of wanting 'everything', this project ensures to explore these themes with enough detail to allow listeners to leave this project with enough to think about in terms of its subject matter.

The instrumentals that complement the lyrical material on here is also worth mentioning. As a listener, I really enjoyed the jazzy and smooth instruments that can be heard on this album which help create for a really relaxing vibe that matches perfectly with the energy that Kota is presenting while rapping.

In terms of this LP as a whole, I thought it was pretty consistent. There were only a few tracks on here that I personally, wasn't too interested in but the ones that I did enjoy I thought were really good; there really wasn't a middle ground. Furthermore, I thought the features on here also fit very well into their respective tracks, ensuring that no artist sounds out of place at any point in time.

Being the third Kota the Friend project that I have listened to, I am still impressed with how this turned out. I can see myself re-visiting this album as a whole in the future as I really enjoyed hearing it from start to finish. Moreover, I am interested to see where Kota the Friend will go from here as an artist.

72/100