I Don't Know How But They Found Me - RAZZMATAZZ
Oct 23, 2020
Those of you who know me already knew I’d give this a 100. I first listened to idkhbtfm in 2017 when their first single came out, so this album was highly anticipated. I was not let down one bit. It’s fun, it’s dark yet bright, it’s well crafted, it’s everything I wanted it to be and more, it’s idkhow. Dallon Weekes has been in the music business for years on end, from The Brobecks to Panic! to now this, and his growth is very apparent. He still has that flare that’s been burning since the early 2000s- dark but not quite provocative. Ryan Seaman was an old drummer for Bring Me The Horizon, and worked with Weekes on his solo Christmas singles. Their teamwork and seamless coordination I’ve seen rarely in the business, it’s apparent they’ve worked together for years (and enjoy it!). Razzmatazz is the album you hate relating to, with toxic love songs and rude hooks, it’s needy and manipulative and a realistic love. This album may not be perfect, but I love it nonetheless.
Showstopper tracks:
Leave Me Alone is a fantastic opener, greeting the listener with an ironic ‘I want you to leave me alone’.
From the Gallows is a 40s esque love song depicting a despicable person (I love the lack of pronouns, by the way. I think anyone can think of someone listening to this). It shows how love can just drag someone to the depths of despair and want to die and kill for someone. I love it
Clusterhug is a remake. It was originally done by Dallon Weekes’ old band, The Brobecks, and was almost on Panic’s Too Weird To Live. I’m so glad it wasn’t. They didn’t change the song very much, just perfected it. You can still find the demo on YouTube!
Door is very short, but it’s so so so sweet. Anticipating a breakup, understanding you’re bad for them, knowing they don’t love you anymore. Heartbreaking.
Razzmatazz is A GOOD CLOSER. The saxophone solo>>>>

I might go back and edit lmao. But yes. Please listen
WHY DOES NO ONE LIKE FROM THE GALLOWS LMAO AJDHNABSK