SAINt JHN - Smack DVD
Nov 30, 2020
The production is pretty alright. It does drag a little and doesn't match the energy that JHN and Ye brought to the track, but it isn't horrible. It has a little bit of an eerie and gloomy vibe which sounds decent. JHN really stands out with his vocals on this track. JHN takes more of an aggressive approach on this track vocally as compared to his recent project and I think it sounds pretty good. I wasn't really a fan of Kanye's vocals though. He had some pretty weird vocal effects used and it made for an awkward sound. Lyrically both of these artists have pretty standard performances. Mediocre bars, basic but entertaining flows, and no real use of wordplay. Overall, this is a pretty decent track. It's better than a fair amount of what I heard on the project.
Nov 30, 2020
lol I liked Kanye's verse a lot. Great review! :)
Nov 30, 2020
@Cry thanks! Outside of his vocals I thought he did good, just those weird vocals were really offputting for me.
Nov 30, 2020
@LyricalMiracleS Any thoughts on a Kanye West and SAINt JHN colab tape, there are rumors! :)
Nov 30, 2020
@Cry honestly that doesn't sound that bad. I'm still waiting for the Kid Cudi x Travis Scott tape to come out, I have a feeling that it'll be good.
Dec 1, 2020
@LyricalMiracleS Similar thoughts, a Kid Cudi X Travis Scott tape would be LIT! :)