Converge & Chelsea Wolfe - Bloodmoon: I
Nov 19, 2021
So...I need a few more listens before I settle on a final rating, but a 90% is extremely valid for a low score I'd give this. By far this is the most dynamic work from Converge I've heard and it shows a clear band evolution.

Converge mix their older style of metalcore with gothic metal, doom metal, and sludge metal through this massive collaboration with Chelsea Wolfe, Ben Chisholm, and Stephen Brodsky. It's balanced extremely well with its many ideas, especially because there's a lot of metalcore moments to unpack here despite the album not being labeled as such. The vocal harmonies are on fire, the band is working on all cylinders and the creativity is just incredible. It's such an immaculate sound. There's brutality and serenity all merged together.

Converge have very few places left to go. They can't write another "Jane Doe", but they can write another album that evokes such powerful emotion. And with so many other talented musicians at work here, the experience this album provides is incredible. This is well worth the time to hear this one out.
Comments