MGMT - Little Dark Age
Feb 8, 2018
Actually, I think it's pretty enjoyable. A lot of the reviews i'm seeing for Little Dark Age are saying how the band feels like they've lost a fire in their belly, or are "treading water." I see it more as the band members being interested in an aesthetic than just pop tunes on this one. Much like Congratulations, this is shaping up to be another critically underrated MGMT album on the grounds that critics are not going into it with the right approach.

Favorite Tracks: Little Dark Age, When You Die, James

Least Favorite: TSLAMP, When You're Small
Feb 8, 2018
i'd be really surprised if this would become critically underrated like the last two. it sounds like something critics would eat up since it's just as consistently pop-friendly as Oracular, if not more.
Feb 8, 2018
I don't know man, I'd like for that to be the case but I don't think critics are gonna like this one either
Feb 9, 2018
i don't like Congratulations, but this is neat... I go to MGMT for solid tunes and catchy melodies, nothing more... And i feel i got that with this. When you're small sux, but the rest is good/solid enough.
Apr 21, 2018
Criticism not withstanding, isn't it true that ultimately it's the listener that decides if it's likeable or not? I've enjoyed this band from the beginning, but, have fallen away due to other interests. 'Little Dark Age' brought them back and enjoyably so. Thanks for sharing.
MySoftBulletin